We've had many requests to provide a mobile app version of 3mj. And it's in our plans to do. In the meantime, if you have an Android phone, v4.0 or later, you can "appify" 3Minute Journal by doing this:
1) Open your phone's browser and go to http://3minutejournal.com.
2) On the far right of the address bar at the top of the page, tap the 3 dots. Press "Save to bookmarks" on the menu that is displayed. Press "OK" after "Bookmark this page" is displayed.
3) Go to the far right of the address bar and tap the 3 dots again. Tap "Bookmarks."
4) Press and hold the icon corresponding to the 3Minute Journal bookmark you just created. On the menu that pops up, tap "Add shortcut to home"
5) Your phone will place the bookmark on an open space in your home screen (you may need to swipe to find the screen if you have a lot of apps on your home screen).
6) Tapping that icon on your home screen will bring up 3MJ, as if it were an app.
7) There's one more step that can complete the appification process - setting a daily reminder. Go to Google Now. In search box, type, "Set reminder for each weekday at [pick your preferred time] to fill in 3mj entry." You will get a reminder setup screen set up with "Fill in 3mj" in the reminder text or something similar with your preferred time and each weekday. Tap in the top box, add "http://3mj.me/entry_add" - which will add a hyperlink to the reminder text. Finally, click "Remind me at this time" which will set the reminder. Your Android phone will now automatically remind you to do your entry - on your schedule. When the reminder goes off, touch the URL (which will be highlighted) to go to the Add Entry screen. Voila - a pseudo-app!
[If you have an iPhone and figure out a similar process, please share it with us and we'll include it in a future post.]